If you have any questions, then please give our Customer Services Team a call and they will be happy to help you.
On this page:
- What we will do for you
- What you should do for us
- Other important things you need to know
1. What we will do for you
Once you are registered, you’ll have immediate access to Which? Local. You can register at www.which.co.uk/local or any related url which we may provide from time to time. When registering, you will be asked to provide a screen name. If you’d prefer that any reviews you provide will not identify you to other Which? Local users, then please use a pseudonym.
Maintain your privacy: We recognise the importance of privacy, so if you are using Which? Local under a pseudonym we will keep your true identity secret unless we are legally obliged to reveal it.
We may edit or delete the reviews or any other content you provide at any time at our sole discretion, and we have no obligation to review the information you provide.
Provide accurate information: We will aim to ensure that all the information we provide on our website or in our email alerts is accurate and up to date.
2. What you should do for us
Please ensure the reviews you provide are honest and truthful, based on your own personal experience, and that you have no personal or professional connections with the trader you are reviewing.
If you intend to use a trader recommended on Which? Local, please take the time to check that trader is right for your individual circumstances because if you use that trader, you will do so at your own risk. We will not be a party to the contract between you and that trader, and will not be responsible for any loss you may suffer as a result.
You may submit either positive or negative reviews about traders you have used, but please remember that negative reviews can only be posted for traders who have already received positive recommendations.
Please behave responsibly when posting reviews to Which? Local or any other content to our website (such as comments on any of our discussion forums). You agree that:
- You will not use Which? Local in any way that is: illegal or unlawful, or likely to encourage illegal or unlawful behaviour; likely to damage the reputation of Which?; likely to be a nuisance, harmful or deceptive to any other person.
- Any reviews or other content you add to the website will: be factually accurate and/or be your genuinely held belief or opinion that is based on facts; not be defamatory, obscene or offensive; not infringe the copyright, trade marks or any other intellectual property rights of another person; not promote your own or your employer’s business, seek to recruit new staff, or otherwise include any advertising or promotional material;
- You will not try to access any confidential information (including usernames and passwords) of any other person, or try to collect, store or otherwise use any personal data of other Which? Local members or contributors.
- You are over 18 years old or otherwise have the express permission of your parent or guardian to use the service.
- You will post under one screen name and not attempt to post under duplicate names.
Please do not include any web links within your reviews unless you have our prior permission to do so.
Please keep your log-in details confidential to help us maintain the security of our website. You should not allow any other person to obtain access to Which? Local using your log-in details.
Please tell us as soon as you can if you think someone is misusing Which? Local or if you think someone else is using your log-in details by using the ‘report this’ function at the bottom of a review or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Guidelines for submitting photos
- In submitting a photo, you are granting Which? a perpetual, royalty free licence to reproduce, modify, adapt and publish the photo(s) as we decide. As the photographer, you will retain the copyright in your photo(s) and can continue to use them as you wish.
- Photos submitted should be your own and original and comply with the Which? user generated content terms.
- If we choose to use your image, we may add your image to our online Flickr gallery, and as such, your images are subject to Flickr/Yahoo’s terms of service.
3. Other important things you need to know
You grant us a non-exclusive licence to use the reviews and any other content you add to our website. For example, we may use this information in the Which? magazine, in marketing materials for Which? Local or where we enable access to Which? Local reviews otherwise than through our website e.g. to Which? members over the phone. While we will usually display your name or username when using your content in this way, you agree that we have no obligation to do so.
Which? Local is a membership benefit of a Which? subscription and you must be a Which? member to submit or access a review. If you cease to be a member of Which? you will no longer be entitled to use Which? Local.
The Which? Local forum is available to non Which? members. You will need to register as a “Which? Local Guest” if you wish to post a message in the forum without taking out a Which? subscription.
Please ensure any content you print, copy or download from our website is for your personal use only. You must not use or encourage others to use our website (or its contents) for their or your commercial gain or in a way that could damage the reputation of Which?.
None of the reviews provided on Which? Local represent the views of Which?. The Which? Local forums contain the views of Which? members, Which? Local Guests and traders (who are not endorsed by Which? in any way). These views are not the views of Which?. This means, unfortunately, that we are unable to guarantee the accuracy of the information on Which? Local. From time to time, Which? employees may comment on forum discussions. These employees are often ‘experts’ in their field of work, however, ultimately these views are their own and not the views of Which?
Please take the time to check the advice on our website or in our emails is right for your individual circumstances and if you are making any important decisions, such as on financial, legal or medical matters, you should consult a qualified professional adviser who can provide specific advice based on your individual position.
You take full responsibility for the reviews you post on Which? Local and for any other content you submit to our website (such as comments on our discussion forums) which means, for example, that if you provide a review in breach of these terms, you may be required to compensate anyone who suffers as a result (e.g. to a trader as a result of a false review).
What happens if you don’t comply with these terms? We will treat any non-compliance as a serious issue, and if we think you have breached any of these terms, we may take any action that we consider appropriate. This may include:
- the temporary or permanent suspension of your access to Which? Local;
- taking legal action against you, possibly to recover any financial loss that we have suffered as a result of your actions; or
- publishing a statement on any of our websites detailing your actions.
We will not compensate you for any loss you may suffer as a result of:
- using (or not using) a trader reviewed on Which? Local;
- the reviews or other content provided by Which? members including where the information provided is inaccurate;
- any mistake we make with the content of our email alerts; and/or
- the additional circumstances set out in our general terms.