The Which? Local forum is a place for intelligent discussion and for users to offer advice. Differences of opinion are welcome, but you must stick to our simple guidelines set out below. We will consider suspending or banning users who do not respect the following:
- Please keep comments relevant to the topic at hand . Veering off to add colour to your point is fine, but off-topic posts may be removed.
- Avoid purposely provoking users into a desired emotional response, or ‘trolling’.
- Try to stay away from ‘text talk’ as it can be difficult to decipher. Also, avoid writing in capitals, IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU’RE SHOUTING.
- You can post text from an outside source if it does not infringe the rights of any third party and is accompanied by a sufficient acknowledgement describing the work and crediting its author.
- Please refrain from publishing your own personal contact information e.g. telephone number, email or postal address. The moderation team may remove any personal information included in posts.
- We may remove or edit posts that others may find offensive, harassing, threatening abusive or what we consider to be defamatory. Language that’s vulgar, obscene, sexually orientated, racist, sexist, homophobic or hateful is not welcome. Please do not link to sexual, pornographic, hateful, defamatory or illegal images or websites. Edited posts are indicated by a moderator comment within the post.
- Do not 'spam' or promote your business. As a business owner you may interact with members on the forums and answer their questions, but you should make it clear who you are at all times. If your business is listed on Which? Local, we can associate this with your account.
- Please ensure the review you provide are honest and truthful, based on your own personal experience, and that you have no personal or professional connections with the trader you are reviewing.
- Any reviews or other content you add to the website will: be factually accurate and/or be your genuinely held belief or opinion that is based on facts.
- We’d like you to help us to keep the community running smoothly. So if you spot a comment that breaches these guidelines, please bring them to our attention through the ‘Inaccurate / offensive?’ button.
- Don’t forget you agreed to our Terms and Conditions when you signed up. That means we expect you to stick to them, too.
Which? Local moderators are identifiable by a blue banner beneath their avatar. It is the moderator’s role to ensure users adhere to the commenting guidelines and offer information to users where appropriate.
Recommended businesses on Which? Local who have claimed their business profile are identifiable by a yellow banner.
Which? members and ‘guest’ users are identifiable beneath their screen name.