Looking for a trader that has passed a Which? assessment?

Visit Which? Trusted Traders to find local traders who have been checked and assessed by our trading standards professionals.

DGCOS V No Rogue Traders

Profile Image
  • 0 Reviews
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Thumbs up

leemccormack

25-Feb-14 13:27

(Changed by Which? Tricia  why?)

Hello

I have had several quotes for double glazing and have to choose between two

Company A is more expensive and has been vetted by No Rouge Traders ( in conjunction with trading standards )

Company B is over £700 cheaper and is a member of the DGOS

I really don't want to pay more than I have to and this is a huge investment of money as we've needed new windows since we moved in 12 years ago !

Does anyone have any comments about the above schemes ? Is one better than the other ? What would you do ?

Thanks in advance for any replies

Profile Image
  • 284 Reviews
  • 79 Posts
  • 49 Thumbs up

Hust

Carnforth, Lancashire

• Which? Member

25-Feb-14 15:23

Originally posted by: leemccormack : View

Hello

Company A is more expensive and has been vetted by No Rouge Traders ( in conjunction with trading standards )

Company B is over £700 cheaper and is a member of the DGOS

I really don't want to pay more than I have to and this is a huge investment of money as we've needed new windows since we moved in 12 years ago !

Does anyone have any comments about the above schemes ? Is one better than the other ? What would you do ?

Thanks in advance for any replies

Actually called DGCOS they are more of a Trade Association! I unfortunately used a company who are a member of this scheme BUT they have done a poor job. They are called APROPOS - 9 months since contract signed, 3 attempts to fit a simple structure and still trying to get some conclusion to many problems. Poor workmanship, delays and no recompense for not supplying structure to design requirements!

DGCOS appear to want to represent the member quicker than the customer. So that's my experience Avoid APROPOS igf possible and go somewhere else.

Profile Image
  • 0 Reviews
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Thumbs up

leemccormack

25-Feb-14 15:33

Thanks for the reply - this is good to know !

Profile Image
  • 22 Reviews
  • 53 Posts
  • 9 Thumbs up

Which? Tricia

• Which? Staff

25-Feb-14 15:48

(Changed by Which? Tricia  why?)

Hi leemccormack,

We know it can take a lot of research and consideration to find a good company for whatever household jobs you may need doing, but here on Which? Local we've got a few recommended double glazing companies which may interest you to take a look to aid with your decision.

In addition, in the past, Which? have done some advice articles which indicate that consumers have a higher satisfaction level from work carried out by smaller independent companies as opposed to large chains, which you may find useful to read.

Hope this helps!

Profile Image
  • 0 Reviews
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Thumbs up

leemccormack

25-Feb-14 16:59

Originally posted by: Which? Tricia : View

Hi leemccormack,

We know it can take a lot of research and consideration to find a good company for whatever household jobs you may need doing, but here on Which? Local we've got a few recommended double glazing companies which may interest you to take a look to aid with your decision.

In addition, in the past, Which? have done some advice articles which indicate that consumers have a higher satisfaction level from work carried out by smaller independent companies as opposed to large chains, which you may find useful to read.

Hope this helps!

Hello WHICH Tricia

thanks for your reply but what worries me is that a local companies maybe have only 1 or 2 reviews and in theory they could even just make up their reviews so I would not want to choose a company based on that !

Profile Image
  • 15 Reviews
  • 184 Posts
  • 36 Thumbs up

Vicky Which?

Hertford, Hertfordshire

• Which? Staff

26-Feb-14 10:33

Hi Leemaccormack,

I understand that you are after a company with more then 1 review, when choosing a double glazing company there are so many questions you want answering.

I would suggest that even though the companies on Which? Local may have one review this is still credible and worth a consideration. You can always contact the past reviewer by adding a comment and hope that the reviewer is able to answer any of your questions on the service they received.

As you may or may not be aware, every single review and comment is checked by a team of professional moderators, before it is considered for publication, If we have any concerns that the review may not be genuine then we adopt a ‘safety first’ approach, even without considerable proof.

The moderation checks that we conduct are particularly unique, and as far as we are aware, none of our competitors are conducting anywhere near the same level of review inspection.

we use a whole host of online resources that aid our investigations to check no connection is found between the review and business. We take a considerable amount of time on each review and if we find any connection of some sort the review will not published on the Which? Local website.

I hope this helps and do let us know if you need our assist with anything.

Thanks

Vicky

Profile Image
  • 49 Reviews
  • 490 Posts
  • 170 Thumbs up

W?Arnie

Walthamstow, London

• Which? Staff

26-Feb-14 13:44

(Changed by W?Arnie  why?)

Hi Leemaccormack

Just to supplement Vicky's earlier post - if you select the 'find more' link at the bottom of the search results page, you can expand the results to a max of 80 businesses.

It appears that we have 29 recommended businesses within 10 miles of 'Birmingham'. For such a big job, I think it's fair to say that many of these would be willing to travel - possibly even further afield.

In the search results we have Armaglaze Windows Ltd with 14 recommendations, and West Midland Glazing Co Ltd who have 8 recommendations.

All the best

Arnie

Profile Image
  • 0 Reviews
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Thumbs up

leemccormack

27-Feb-14 20:16

Originally posted by: W?Arnie : View

Hi Leemaccormack

Just to supplement Vicky's earlier post - if you select the 'find more' link at the bottom of the search results page, you can expand the results to a max of 80 businesses.

It appears that we have 29 recommended businesses within 10 miles of 'Birmingham'. For such a big job, I think it's fair to say that many of these would be willing to travel - possibly even further afield.

In the search results we have Armaglaze Windows Ltd with 14 recommendations, and West Midland Glazing Co Ltd who have 8 recommendations.

All the best

Arnie

Hi W?Arnie thanks for your reply.

Profile Image
  • 0 Reviews
  • 1 Forum post
  • 0 Thumbs up

Rozdumonde

28-Mar-15 14:47

(Changed by Vicky Which?  why?)

Originally posted by: leemccormack : View

Hello

Company A is more... Read more »

Originally posted by: Hust : View

Actually called DGCOS they are more of a Trade Association! I unfortunately used a company who are a member of this scheme BUT they have done a poor job. They are called APROPOS - 9 months since contract signed, 3 attempts to fit a simple structure and still trying to get some conclusion to many problems. Poor workmanship, delays and no recompense for not supplying structure to design requirements!

DGCOS appear to want to represent the member quicker than the customer. So that's my experience Avoid APROPOS igf possible and go somewhere else.

Hi, I was interested in your post as I too have had problems with A Propos who I feel promote poor builders to do the preparatory work. The builder ( Ambassador Home Conversions ) did not project mange the work and was highly unprofessional in my opinion. My complaint to A Propos has received no response from their MD, Michael Barnes and I am very disappointed. They have had nearly 70 K of my money for a 4 m extension.

Profile Image
  • 0 Reviews
  • 1 Forum post
  • 0 Thumbs up

DGCOS

15-Sep-15 14:23

Hello! My name is Mark and I am the Customer Service Manager for DGCOS. I’m sorry I hadn’t seen this thread sooner.

Firstly. Hurst, I’m sorry you have had a poor experience with one of our members. I can assure you DGCOS has some of the highest accreditation standards in the industry. We ask all prospective installers to undergo both a 12-point inspection and on going monitoring of customer satisfaction surveys for every one of the jobs they complete. That said, we accept that there are occasions when even the most reliable of installers make mistakes or let standards slip and that’s why we are here.

May I ask, did you contact us to lodge a complaint against the installer? I’d be more than happy to follow this up for you.  If it is resolved already, what action did the installer take to resolve the situation?

Rozdumonde, it sounds like you have also had a poor experience. Please give me a call on: 0345 053 8975 so I can support you in resolving the issue. Our service is free of charge.  

To answer the original question: DGCOS offers any customer of an installer displaying our logo a very simple promise: That you will never be left disadvantaged, from signing the contract until the end of the warranty. If you experience any issues, we’ll provide a free service to make sure that any issue is resolved or you are adequately compensated. This year more than 78% of complaints have been resolved within 7 days. To learn more about how DGCOS protects consumers visit the dgcos website.

There are of course many credible and reliable installers available that aren’t yet accredited by our scheme. However please make sure that you ask what protection is available should something not go to plan and where possible get references from previous customers.

If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact our team on 0345 053 8975

Regards,

Mark

Customer Service Manager

DGCOS

Post a reply

Profile Image
  • ? Reviews
  • ? Forum posts
  • Add image