Looking for a trader that has passed a Which? assessment?

Visit Which? Trusted Traders to find local traders who have been checked and assessed by our trading standards professionals.

Cost of plumber per hour?

Unsubscribe from this discussion
Profile Image
  • 0 Reviews
  • 1 Forum post
  • 0 Thumbs up

cmcc333

• Which? Member

8-Apr-13 19:16

What is the average/reasonable price, per hour, for a plumber in South East London.

Thanks

Profile Image
  • 1 Review
  • 537 Posts
  • 118 Thumbs up

remloc

Abingdon, Oxfordshire

8-Apr-13 20:18

Prices vary from company to company and for some strange reason a higher rate for the capital...best to ring around a get a comparison in Oxfordshire it ranges from £20 - £75 per hour.

Profile Image
  • 74 Reviews
  • 211 Posts
  • 61 Thumbs up

_sarah

• Which? Staff

9-Apr-13 09:27

(Changed by _sarah  why?)

mcc333 – if you've some specific jobs you need carried out, you might find this guide to plumbing prices and completion times useful.

Alternatively, if it's a central heating job, try: 'boilers and heating: how much should you pay?' for an idea of how much you might spend.

Profile Image
  • 8 Reviews
  • 898 Posts
  • 381 Thumbs up

John Creasey - Boiler Installation & Service, Gas & Heating Maintenance

New Malden, Surrey

23-May-13 19:08

Originally posted by: remloc : View

Prices vary from company to company and for some strange reason a higher rate for the capital...best to ring around a get a comparison in Oxfordshire it ranges from £20 - £75 per hour.

Hi Remloc - Higher prices in Capital reflect massive difference in house prices, insurance costs, parking costs (today in Wimbledon £2.30 per hour) and travelling time. It regularly takes us 2 hours to get across South London about 20miles - I could easily reach Abingdon in less time. In reality I don't work more than about 3 miles inwards from Kingston as the time aspect and parking problems are dreadful. It is not unusual to drive around for over an hour to find a parking space (happened twice last week at Barnes) Sorry to sweep off at tangent and really not criticising you in any way, you have my respect as always in your advice as a 'man after my own heart' in wanting gas and plumbing work to be done properly and professionally - really just trying to help you understand problems around London. Good Luck.

Profile Image
  • 1 Review
  • 537 Posts
  • 118 Thumbs up

remloc

Abingdon, Oxfordshire

4-Jun-13 22:13

Originally posted by: remloc : View

Prices vary from company to company and for some strange reason a higher rate for the capital...best to ring around a get a comparison in... Read more »

Originally posted by: John Creasey - Boiler Installation & Service, Gas & Heating Maintenance : View

Hi Remloc - Higher prices in Capital reflect massive difference in house prices, insurance costs, parking costs (today in Wimbledon £2.30 per hour) and travelling time. It regularly takes us 2 hours to get across South London about 20miles - I could easily reach Abingdon in less time. In reality I don't work more than about 3 miles inwards from Kingston as the time aspect and parking problems are dreadful. It is not unusual to drive around for over an hour to find a parking space (happened twice last week at Barnes) Sorry to sweep off at tangent and really not criticising you in any way, you have my respect as always in your advice as a 'man after my own heart' in wanting gas and plumbing work to be done properly and professionally - really just trying to help you understand problems around London. Good Luck.

Totally understand the over heads......I struggle to find a parking space in Oxford! an.d even in Abingdon

Good to have somebody on board as passionate about the industry.

Profile Image
  • 8 Reviews
  • 898 Posts
  • 381 Thumbs up

John Creasey - Boiler Installation & Service, Gas & Heating Maintenance

New Malden, Surrey

5-Jun-13 12:48

Remloc -

Like you my friend, I believe in doing the job properly.

Post a reply

Profile Image
  • ? Reviews
  • ? Forum posts
  • Add image