Looking for a trader that has passed a Which? assessment?

Visit Which? Trusted Traders to find local traders who have been checked and assessed by our trading standards professionals.

Replacing boiler controls

Profile Image
  • 0 Reviews
  • 1 Forum post
  • 0 Thumbs up

ess39

• Which? Member

1-Nov-12 19:29

I'm considering changing my boiler controls from a clockwork type to a digital one. I specifically want to be able to program on/off times on different days and have an 'advance' button for central heating. My boiler is a Worcester Greenstar 42CDi and the current controller is a MD10. How much would it cost to supply and fit a replacement? The current setup has a wired thermostat in the hall if that makes a difference.

Profile Image
  • 0 Reviews
  • 123 Posts
  • 54 Thumbs up

Which? Thomas

Wimbledon, London

• Which? Staff

2-Nov-12 11:58

(Changed by Which? Thomas  why?)

Hi ess39,

We recently did a cost survey with heating engineers and you may be pleased to hear we actually asked them to quote for a thermostat replacement. You can click here to see the average prices for heating work. Let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Thomas

Profile Image
  • 2 Reviews
  • 2 Posts
  • 2 Thumbs up

Joe Waller

• Which? Member

2-Nov-12 22:01

Originally posted by: ess39 : View

I'm considering changing my boiler controls from a clockwork type to a digital one. I specifically want to be able to program on/off times on different days and have an 'advance' button for central heating. My boiler is a Worcester Greenstar 42CDi and the current controller is a MD10. How much would it cost to supply and fit a replacement? The current setup has a wired thermostat in the hall if that makes a difference.

Hi. you need a DT10 optimiser,

Post a reply

Profile Image
  • ? Reviews
  • ? Forum posts
  • Add image