Enjoy this exclusive muffin recipe from Which? Local-recommended artisan bakery Breads Etcetera in London.
Blueberry and vanilla muffin recipe
Makes 12 to 15 muffins, depending on the size of your muffin trays or cases.
- 350g biscuit/pastry flour
- 150g caster sugar
- 17g baking powder
- 100g fresh blueberries
- 280ml whole milk
- 110g vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 vanilla pod - slice lengthways, scrape out inside and discard pod
When combining the wet and dry ingredients together, be careful not to overwork the mix.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celcius and set out muffin cases.
- Combine all dry ingredients together.
- Combine and lightly whisk all wet ingredients together.
- Combine both wet and dry together and mix only until it has just come together.
- Fill cases three-quarters full of muffin mix.
- Sprinkle 1tsp of caster sugar over the top of each muffin to add a caramelised finish to the top.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the middle is cooked and the desired colour is achieved on top. Insert a skewer into the centre of the muffin. If it comes out clean the muffin is cooked through.
About our expert trader
Our expert: Daniel Fiteni
This receipe was supplied by baker Daniel Fiteni from Which? Local-recommended bakery Breads Etcetera in London.
Reviewers have praised the customer service at Breads Etcetera, as well as their delicious muffins, sourdough bread and coffee.
Read reviews of Breads Etcetera