Discover the benefits of Which?

• Access to all forum areas
  • Over 130,000 carefully moderated business reviews
  • 1000s of product reviews
  • Best Buy recommendations

Does anyone have experience with Myplanet?

My Planet disputes some of the comments posted in this thread claiming they are unfair and unfounded. My Planet's is concerned they have been posted by non-customers or My Planet's competitors.

Profile Image
  • 1 Review
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Thumbs up

crikcrok

• Which? Member

10-Aug-13 11:53

I've just had a cold call from a company who got my number from when I had roof insulation through a local council scheme.

I thought that this might be a similar scheme, but having looked at their website, they are just a national business.

Has anyone used My planet? I worried I'm going to get hard sales tactics.

Profile Image
  • 5 Reviews
  • 504 Posts
  • 167 Thumbs up

John Creasey GAS

New Malden, Surrey

10-Aug-13 15:21

Hi crikcrok - as I general rule, I personally would have nothing to do with any 'cold calling' company. I know nothing about this lot but if you are interested in Solar, I would suggest getting several quotes from local companies off the Which? Local part of this site.

I had a number of 'hard sell' people pushing me when I looked at Solar last year, but eventually used an excellent team off Which? Local.

Good Luck - and avoid the Sharks (not that I am in any way suggesting these people are 'sharks')

Hope that helps...

Profile Image
  • 1 Review
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Thumbs up

crikcrok

• Which? Member

10-Aug-13 16:13

Thanks for the advice. I stupidly agreed to have someone call on me on Monday and I feel such an idiot now.

I've tried to call them back to explain that I've changed my mind about having a visit, however they are not answering their phone. Looks like I'll hace a cross salesman.:(

Profile Image
  • 25 Reviews
  • 390 Posts
  • 59 Thumbs up

Which? David

• Which? Staff

12-Aug-13 09:20

(Changed by Which? David  why?)

If you don't feel comfortable dealing with this, or any, company it's perfectly reasonable to cancel the appointment. As Muttley says, we have solar panel installers listed here on Which? Local. And it's always good to get at least three quotes anyway.

For your information, Which? has a handy ten tips to stop cold calls page.

Profile Image
  • 5 Reviews
  • 504 Posts
  • 167 Thumbs up

John Creasey GAS

New Malden, Surrey

13-Aug-13 16:26

Originally posted by: crikcrok : View

Thanks for the advice. I stupidly agreed to have someone call on me on Monday and I feel such an idiot now.

I've tried to call them back to explain that I've changed my mind about having a visit, however they are not answering their phone. Looks like I'll hace a cross salesman.:(

And by the way crikcrok - you are far from stupid or an idiot.

You are after all a Which reader and 'questioning' - nothing wrong with that. If more people did the same, less people would get pushed into buying something they don't want.

This cannot be construed as stupid (but I know how you feel - cos we've all been there at some time !)

J

Profile Image
  • 2 Reviews
  • 60 Posts
  • 34 Thumbs up

Go Green Systems Ltd

Shrewsbury, Shropshire

23-Aug-13 09:55

Hi Crikcrock,

As John says please don't feel stupid, maybe feel a little angry that the Government and our governing bodies allow it to happen freely.

Take your time in deciding whether or not the installer and the system are going to work for you, never be pushed into a sale by any installer. The decision time is the longest part of the whole process, the installation is relatively quick in comparison so make sure you have a complete understanding of:

How the FIT works?

How does PV work?

How can PV improve our lives?

How do you install my system, I want to see installation procedures from start to finish.

The technology used and why? There are more products available now that can improve system performance and you should have an understanding of how they work so that you can make an informed decision as to which ones to go for.

There is also a great deal of information on these forums so have a read through, this will help you through the process.

Take care and happy hunting for Solar.

Profile Image
  • 1 Review
  • 1 Forum post
  • 1 Thumbs up

Garrett

• Which? Member

4-Nov-13 18:12

(Changed by W?Arnie  why?)

I have just had a sales visit from myplanet. It felt like a high pressure presentation and there were several claims of how much electricity would be generated etc. He gave me no evidence to support these claims. It finished with "we have another installation happening near you in a couple of weeks and if you agree to the same date then we can give a major discount". I have been trying to check up on this company - which is why I came here!

Profile Image
  • 1 Review
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Thumbs up

crikcrok

• Which? Member

17-Nov-13 11:18

Garrett,

It's great that you have posted your experience of My Planet. I hope others will be forewarned.

I was out when they called and just had a message left on my answerphone.

Profile Image
  • 0 Reviews
  • 1 Forum post
  • 1 Thumbs up

quadrant

• Which? Member

26-Nov-13 17:05

(Changed by Vicky Which?  why?)

I've just had a cold call from a company who got my number from when I had roof insulation through a local council scheme.

I thought that this might be a similar scheme, but having looked at their website, they are just a national business.

Has anyone used My planet? I worried I'm going to get hard sales tactics.

Booked myplanet to give quote for solar panels,got call to say sales girl would be late.

she arrived but wouldn't continue with presentation because my partner(male) was not present.Very annoying,this was not mentioned on the phone when I rang them.

As a area manager of a company myself I found it insulting that I couldn't as a female listen to the sales pitch.

They've lost the sale!!!

Profile Image
  • 1 Review
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Thumbs up

crikcrok

• Which? Member

27-Nov-13 22:01

I... Read more »

Originally posted by: quadrant : View

Booked myplanet to give quote for solar panels,got call to say sales girl would be late.

she arrived but wouldn't continue with presentation because my partner(male) was not present.Very annoying,this was not mentioned on the phone when I rang them.

As a area manager of a company myself I found it insulting that I couldn't as a female listen to the sales pitch.

They've lost the sale!!!

Hello Quadrant,

Good for you!

I had exactly the same issue. I explained that the house was mine (22 years paid up) and my partner has no financial interest in the house.

What is their problem with ladies making financial decisions by themselves?

Post a reply

Profile Image
  • ? Reviews
  • ? Forum posts
  • Add image